Copyright Ground Hog Events 2018
What is GroundHog Events?
Here’s what we do: Short, Medium, Ultra distance off road races that take place in the most amazing trails in Florida & Georgia. Runners come to conquer the course and push their limits with friends and a community of runners by their side.
YourGroundHog Events experience is as competitive as you make it. Rally your team and battle the other teams in your division for bragging rights, or simply make it your goal to cross the finish line! GroundHog Events is about coming together and accomplishing something you thought could never do. From the elite runner to the generally active individual, GroundHog events has you covered. We offer Timing, Photos, Medals, and finisher shirts for all runners so you can share your accomplishments with your friends and family.
Are spectators allowed?
Yes and there is no charge for spectators however Parking is required from all.
Is the run timed?
Yes all distances are officially timed and results will be posted to our Facebook page and website.
Can I get a refund on registration?
All registrations are final and non transferable to another race. You can however transfer the ticket to another runner. If you would like to transfer a standard $12 fee will be added to the transfer. All transfers must be submitted by the Wednesday prior to the event. For all transfer requests contact: GroundHogEvents@gmail.com
Is there bag check?
Yes Bag check is FREE for registered runners
Is there a parking fee?
Yes Parking varies by location ($2-$10 depending on the venue) and is cash only on race day
Are there Aid stations on course?
Yes, all races have an aid station roughly every 1.5-2 miles but keep in mind this is not a road race so plan accordingly.
Is the ran CUPLESS?
Yes, ALL of our races are CUPLESS so make sure you bring a refillable sports bottle/cup to fill up at the aid stations. We also provide Pickle Juice Sport and Tailwind Nutrition at the finsih line.
What is the minimum age to race?
Ages 12 and up can race.
Can someone else pick up my race packet?
Yes, with copy of their ID (via mobile or printout) and their waiver signed.
Are pets allowed?
Yes, but will need to be on a leash.
Will bad Weather cancel the event?
We will hold the event rain or shine however in the event of lightning we will delay the event till its cleared.
What do I bring? What time should I arrive? Where do I go on race day?
Arrive 1 hour prior to your start time. A signed copy of your race waiver (found on your races specific event page) and a photo ID. We recommend closed in shoes and lightweight apparel. We also recommend a plastic bag or two for your clothes post-race.
1) Proceed to the “Registrations” tent near the entrance to the festival area.
2) Sign your Participant Waiver and show your ID.
3) Shirts, Bib, and waivers will be assigned once we have all the paperwork in place.
4) Proceed to the marking stations to get “marked” up. Our volunteers will write your number on your arms and forehead (optional).
6) Secure your chip to your person if used in your race. Chips will cost $50 if not returned.
6) Attach your BIB number to your shirt with safety pins.
10) Head into the festival area and look for the signs that say “START”. A long loud sound will come from the stage followed by the wave announcement.
11) Now go out there and have a great race!